WHAT IS STCW SECURITY TRAINING?
The STCW Convention and Code as amended by the Manila amendment (2010) (STCW) contains new requirements regarding security training. This training is required by all personnel employed or engaged onboard ships to which the ISPS Code applies. These Regulations came into force on 1 January 2012, however, Port State Control Officers have been requested by IMO not to enforce this regulation until 1 January 2014 provided that the vessel otherwise complies with the ISPS code.
In other words, it does not matter what your role is, seafarer, entertainer or beautician. You must have Security Training to work onboard a ship.
Marlins STCW Security Courses:
- Security Awareness for Cruise Ship Staff
- Security Awareness for Seafarers
- Security Duties for Cruise Ship Staff
- Security Duties for Seafarers
All the courses provided are Liberia Flag Approved or UK MCA Flag Approved and vary according to:
- the type of ship you work on
- the Flag Approval you / your employer needs
- your responsibilities on board.
For more information please contact us.